How to choose subjects
Do you have a specific career in mind that dictates the subjects you must pick?
If you have a particular university course in mind it may be worth using the UCAS website to check course entry requirements.
The Russell Group of Universities have published a guide to helping you choose Post-16 courses called Informed Choices.
- What subjects do you enjoy? You will be spending 8 hours a fortnight in lessons and a further 4-6 hours per week completing work outside of lessons (per subject). Therefore, it is essential you enjoy each subject.
- What subjects are you good at? Please check each subject’s specific entry criteria; it is essential that you meet this.
- Talk to your subject teachers and discuss suitability.
- Understand what is involved in the study of the subjects in terms of the topics to be covered, amount of coursework to be completed, meeting deadlines etc.
- Ensure you are staying (or joining) Tring School because you want to and not just because your friends are.
|Applying to the Sixth Form||Date|
|Admissions Policy for 2023 entry||07th Oct 2022||Download|
|Calculating your Total Points Score (TPS)||10th Oct 2022||Download|
|Entrance Criteria 2023||14th Oct 2022||Download|
|Induction Day Presentation 27 June 2022 (pdf copy of presentation shown above)||27th Jun 2022||Download|
|Proposed Year 12 Subject Blocks||11th Oct 2022||Download|
|Sixth Form Information Booklet 2022-23||13th Oct 2022||Download|
|Sixth Form Open Evening 2023 (pdf version of slideshow presentation)||14th Oct 2022||Download|
|Top Tips for choosing your subjects||02nd Oct 2022||Download|