Tring School was founded in 1842 by the Church of England. At that time it was built in the middle of Tring where the Library now stands. In 1956 it moved to its present site at the top of Mortimer Hill, to the east of the town and in 1969 was re-organised to be an all-ability 11-19 co-educational school.
Although Tring School has changed beyond recognition in its 175 years, it remains a voluntary controlled church foundation, administered by the trustees and members of the Academy, with five of its Governors being nominated by the Diocesan Education Committee.
Tring School now has over 1500 students on roll including a Sixth Form of around 300 students. Most students come from the town of Tring and the surrounding villages of Wigginton, Aldbury, Long Marston, Wilstone and Little Gaddesden. Additional students will be admitted from outside the area if there are places available.
At this exciting time in its development, curriculum breadth, high standards and community involvement are at the heart of the school’s work. Collaboration with other educational providers is adding to the opportunities for Tring students and the development of the school’s facilities for community and life-long learning is moving forward rapidly. We have redeveloped our Sixth Form Centre and a significant amount of the science department. In the past couple of years we have also refurbished our astroturf and tennis and netball courts. The school has obtained the funding to rebuild or redevelop over two thirds of the existing buildings with a government programme called PSBP2
School accessibility is taken very seriously and the school has an accessibility plan. We promote inclusion of disabled students in all aspects of school life eg. school trips, including residential. Access improvements have been made across the school including the installation of three lifts, adjustable height working spaces in practical areas and serviceable ramps to most areas. We have dedicated teaching assistants to aid our disabled students.
Most areas and rooms are available for hire. For further information please contact the Facilities Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org