Performing Arts and Music Technician
28.58 hours a week. Term time plus 2 weeks
Pay grade: H2 (Actual £10,235 – £10,877)
4 September 2017
Tring School is looking for a technician to support the Drama, Media and Music departments. This will be working Monday – Friday 8.40am – 3.20pm.
This role will operate in a number of departments with varying demands so flexibility and a “can do” attitude are essential. On some occasions there will be a need to work in the evening and on weekends to assist with the school’s public and exam performances. Responsibilities will include a mixture of administration, practical and technical areas.
This could include:
- Management and maintenance of equipment and musical instruments
- Maintaining the Music Apple Mac suite
- Sound and lighting for productions
- Organising displays
- A variety of ICT and data tasks
- Liaising with other departments
The applicant should have the following attributes:
- Ideally an interest in theatre, media and music
- Enjoy working with young people
- Good organisational skills
- Be self motivated and able to use initiative
- Some experience of Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and hardworking
Tring School is popular and over-subscribed, serving the town of Tring and the surrounding villages. It is a mixed Church of England all-ability school, 1500+ on roll, over 300 Post-16. Academic attainment is well above average and improving year on year. The school strives to support and encourage individual growth within a caring community. We have a talented team of staff who are ambitious to become outstanding in all areas of our work.
Please download a Support Staff application form. Email completed application forms to C. Smith at email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 27 June by 9am
Interviews: Will be held shortly afterwards
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please send all completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Staff Application Form
Support Staff Application Form
Hertfordshire is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
Tring School operates a Safer Recruitment Policy
Please be advised that if you are called to interview you will need to produce the following as evidence of your identity:
- Photographic evidence i.e. passport or photocard driving licence
- Proof of address, i.e. utility bill or bank statement
- Teachers – proof of qualifications and QTS status (certificates)