Teacher of Design and Technology
We seek to appoint an outstanding teacher of Design and Technology who is dynamic, enthusiastic and creative. The successful applicant will be passionate about inspiring our students and be a team player who works collaboratively with colleagues. The ideal candidate would have a specialism in Food Technology.
Our very good department offers Design and Technology to all students in Key Stage 3, after which time students may opt for a GCSE in any one or two of the six courses offered. We also run A levels in D&T Product Design and Fashion & Textiles.
This post provides exciting opportunities for either an experienced teacher or an NQT. We offer a full support and induction programme for all new staff and a commitment to continued professional development.
The successful applicant will be:
- Qualified to deliver Design and Technology across Key Stages 3 – 5 to the highest standard
- Able to deliver GCSE and A level in a specialist area
- An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
- A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
- A strong team player
- Passionate about the success of students, the department and the school
In 2016, 72% of pupils achieved 5+ A*-C GCSEs (including English and Maths) whilst Food pupils achieved 68% A*-C.
All staff receive high quality CPD opportunities and there is a comprehensive induction programme for NQTs.
Closing Date: Friday 21st April 2017 by midday.
Interview Date: Wednesday 26th April 2017.
Please send all completed forms to email@example.com
Teaching Staff Application Form
Support Staff Application Form
Tring School operates a Safer Recruitment Policy
Please be advised that if you are called to interview you will need to produce the following as evidence of your identity:
- Photographic evidence i.e. passport or photocard driving licence
- Proof of address, i.e. utility bill or bank statement
- Teachers – proof of qualifications and QTS status (certificates)