Code of Conduct
- Always ensure you are punctual. Once in the room settle down to work quickly and quietly
- Make sure you have the correct books and equipment for each lesson
- Listen to the teacher and follow instructions carefully
- Leave the room in a quiet and orderly manner
- Move around the school quietly. Help others by opening doors, standing back to let people pass and offering to carry things
- Walk when in the building
- Keep to the left, especially on narrow corridors and on the stairs
- Do not eat in lessons and do not bring chewing gum to school
- Line up quietly when waiting outside a room, out of the way of others passing your queue
Illness and Accidents
- If you are ill or have an accident at school, tell a member of staff. They will refer you to the school First Aid Administrator. If necessary your family will be contacted and asked to collect you. You must not make your own arrangements – the school staff will do it for you.
- If you need to take medicine during the school day, leave it with the First Aid Administrator – do not carry it around with you.
Health and Safety
- We all have a responsibility toward those around us and ourselves to ensure that we all remain safe in the school environment.
- If you see anything that could be a danger to other people, report it immediately to a member of staff
- Knives and other sharp items are not permitted in school
- Never wilfully misuse equipment, or tamper with things provided for safety purposes – such as fire extinguishers
- If you see a fire, set off the nearest fire alarm and exit the building as quickly and safely as possible – do not stop to collect your belongings
- Make sure you know where the fire exits are and how to use them