The Geography Department offers students opportunities to study a range of subjects including climate, weather, population, tourism and different countries.
What equipment will my child need in Geography?
- Pen, pencil, rubber, ruler, glue stick, scissors, coloured pencils calculator.
- It will be beneficial to have a memory stick
What will my child be studying?
- Fair Trade
- Restless Earth
- Weather and Climate
- The World
- Planet Earth
- Global issues
- Amazing places
- Extreme Environments
How do I help my child through KS3 Geography?
- Homework will be set once a week. Regularly checking your child’s homework and offering advice on improvements will be of valuable assistance, discussion and extra research of topical geographical issues through watching the news reading newspapers and looking at news websites.
- Holidays taken abroad and in the UK offer ample opportunities for Geography through looking at landscapes and geographical features as well as studying different cultures.
How will my child be assessed in Geography?
- Students will be continually assessed through Key Stage 3 in Geography in order to help them understand how they can improve.
- In addition to these assessment for learning activities your child will also complete five formally assessed pieces of work each year, which will be marked according to the National Curriculum criteria.
How is the course assessed?
75% examination (Paper 1: Physical Geography; Paper 2: Human Geography) and 25% controlled assessment
How long are the examinations?
Both are 1hour and 30minutes
Are there controlled assessments?
At Christmas in Year 10, and the two exams are at the end of Year 11
What is covered on the course?
Restless earth,; living world; water on the land; the development gap; changing urban environments; tourism
What texts would you recommend?
The CGP GCSE Geography for AQA A specification revision guide
What websites would you recommend?
Kerboodle- we provide the accounts
Subject Leader: Miss L Keeley
A Level Geography
For details of the Geography course, please click on the link below: