- What year did Dumbledore defeat the dark wizard Grindlewald?
- What is the name of Nicholas Flamel’s wife?
- What is Locomotor Mortis?
- What was outlawed by the Warlocks’ Convention of 1709?
- What are Common Welsh Green and Hebridean Blacks?
- How many of Charlie’s friends collected Norbert from the top of the tower at Hogwarts?
- Who did Harry, Hermione & Neville meet in the Entrance Hall at 11 pm?
- What colour is unicorn blood?
- What type of creature is Ronan?
- In Chapter 15 how many times is the word Voldemort written?
- Which book did Harry take outside the school and consequently 5 points were taken from Gryffindor?
- What did Seamus Finnigan have for breakfast?
- What colour are the Gryffindor Quidditch robes?
- Who is the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team?
- By how many points did Gryffindor win the Quidditch match?
- Who is the librarian in the Hogwart’s Library?
- What did Mr and Mrs Dursley send to Harry for his Christmas present?
- On Christmas day, who kissed Professor McGonagall and made her blush?
- Finish this sentence – “Who’s there?” squawked the _______ _______.
- What is inscribed around the top of the mirror?
- How many staircases in Hogwarts?
- Who has lamp-like eyes?
- Finish this sentence. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even ………… …….
- What is a Bezoar?
- How many points did Harry lose for Gryffindor in his first potions class?
- Which football team does Dean Thomas support?
- Where does Malfoy suggest he and Harry meet for the Midnight Duel?
- What type of wood is the handle of Harry’s Nimbus Two Thousand?
- A quidditch team has how many players?
- Who is Harry paired up with in his Charms lesson?
- What time does the train to Hogwarts leave Kings Cross Station?
- Who was the second Weasley to go through the wall to Platform 9 ¾?
- What is Alberic’s surname?
- What is Neville’s toad called?
- Where do the brave at heart dwell?
- Whom is the 4th person to put the sorting hat on?
- Who says Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
- What is the password to enter the Gryffindor common room?
- What flavour was the green Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Bean that Ron tried?
- Which house was Justin Finch Fletchley sorted into?
- What is Hagrid’s first name?
- What else did Hagrid take out of his pocket apart from a copper kettle, a pack of sausages, a poker, chipped mugs and a bottle of amber liquid?
- Who called Albus Dumbledore a “crackpot old fool”?
- Who wrote A History of Magic?
- What size cauldron will Harry need in his first year at Hogwarts?
- What does Professor Quirrell teach?
- What costs seventeen sickles an ounce?
- How many knuts in a sickle?
- What smells like bad eggs and rotten cabbage?
- Whose wand is 16” & Oak?
- What colour eyes does Harry Potter have?
- What was the first rule for a quiet life with the Dursleys?
- How many presents did Dudley get for his 10th birthday?
- Who is missing from this clowder (clowder means group of cats)?
- Which country was the boa constrictor born in?
- How did Mrs. Figg break her leg?
- What is a boater?
- Where was Marge on holiday?
- Which county do the Dursleys live in?
- How many letters had arrived by the Friday?
- What do Grunnings make?
- What colour cloak is Professor McGonagall wearing?
- Who liked Albus Dumbledore’s new earmuffs and made him blush? (Full name)
- Who is big and beefy with hardly any neck? (Full name)
- On the motorbike journey to Privet Drive, baby Harry fell asleep just as hagrid was flying/driving over which city?
- What is the name of the weather man? (Full name)
- Who is Lily Potter’s sister? (First name)
- Who may have set off shooting stars in Kent? (Full name)
- What is Dumbledore’s first spoken sentence?
- Who lent Hagrid a motorbike to bring baby Harry to Privet Drive? (Full name)
Students and staff have started to ‘shadow’ the judging process for the CILIP Carnegie and Kate Greenaway Children’s Book Awards; reading, discussing and reviewing the books on the shortlist selected by CILIP’s panel of Librarian judges. Our Carnegie shadowing group is open to all – we meet on Wednesday lunchtimes in the LRC. Call in to the LRC for more information, borrow one of the 8 shortlisted books and start reading.
Click below to see a great range of the current books we have available in the LRC today.
Head Teacher: Mrs S Collings
Tel: 01442 822303