Leadership Pay Spine 13 – 18
We are a forward thinking and innovative school filled with ambitious and passionate staff who deliver excellence in the classroom and provide a full and enriching education for our students. Are you ready to join this aspirational and effective school? Do you see yourself as trail-blazing and making a phenomenal difference to students, staff and the wider community? If so, then please read on and we will look forward to hearing from you.
Your role will initially be crafted to meet your existing strengths and experience but over time you will take on the responsibility for other leadership functions.
Tring School can offer the successful candidate:
- an outstanding experience at a senior level with involvement in all aspects of the school’s leadership
- significant opportunities for professional development both in this school and further afield
- the chance to work with exceptionally committed colleagues who have high expectations of students
- an environment where excitement, innovation and inspiration are the norm
Tring School is very popular and over-subscribed, serving the town of Tring and the surrounding villages. It is a mixed Church of England comprehensive school with over 1500 students on roll including 330 in the Sixth Form. Academic attainment is well above average and improving year on year. The school strives to support and encourage individual growth within a caring community. We have a talented team of staff who are ambitious to become outstanding in all areas of our work. We are in the process of forming a multi-academy trust and have applied to be a SCITT.
Ofsted Inspection January 2014: ‘Teaching is good overall with outstanding features. Teaching is outstanding in the Sixth Form. Students of all abilities show high achievement in a wide range of subjects. Students are very attentive and behave well in lessons.’
If you are interested at the prospect of working in an environment where you can have real impact, and where exciting things are happening, then we welcome an application from you.
Please complete the school’s application form and submit it along with a letter of application to Mrs Susanna Collings, Headteacher, by 9am on Tuesday 7 February 2017.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 23 February and Friday 24 February 2017.
Sixth Form Administrator
Part Time 15 hours per week – term time plus 2 weeks pro rata
H3 – £16,481 (actual £5,843)
Start date: ASAP
We wish to appoint a Sixth Form Administrator to assist with the day to day running of the busy Sixth Form office. You will be responsible for marketing, administration of events, keeping accurate student files and other general administration duties.
Tring School Sixth Form has a very enviable reputation and is renowned for its academic success, placing it in the top 5% of Sixth Forms nationally last year. It is also the largest Sixth Form in Dacorum, Hertfordshire and is continually expanding both in the number of students and the provision we offer.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone willing to work with young people and make a positive impact on their lives.
All Tring School staff support our ethos and are encouraged to become part of the school community.
To apply, please complete the support staff application form and submit a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 3pm Wednesday 25 January 2017
Interview Date: TBC
Teacher of Design and Technology
We seek to appoint an outstanding teacher of Design and Technology who is dynamic, enthusiastic and creative. The successful applicant will be passionate about inspiring our students and be a team player who works collaboratively with colleagues. The ideal candidate would have a specialism in Resistant Materials or Food Technology.
Our very good department offers Design and Technology to all students in Key Stage 3, after which time students may opt for a GCSE in any one, two of the six courses offered. We also run A levels in D&T Product Design and Fashion & Textiles.
This post provides exciting opportunities for either an experienced teacher or an NQT. We offer a full support and induction programme for all new staff and a commitment to continued professional development.
The successful applicant will be:
- Qualified to deliver Design and Technology across Key Stages 3 – 5 to the highest standard
- Able to deliver GCSE and A level in a specialist area
- Technically competent in using a range of CAD CAM applications and equipment
- An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
- A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
- A strong team player
- Passionate about the success of students, the department and the school
In 2016, 72% of pupils achieved 5+ A*-C GCSEs (including English and Maths) whilst Resistant Materials pupils achieved 79% A*-C.
All staff receive high quality CPD opportunities and there is a comprehensive induction programme for NQTs.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25 January 2017 at midday
Interview Date: TBC
Subject Leader of Music
- Have an ability to achieve excellent results.
- Have excellent leadership, organisational and musical skills.
- Have the capacity to lead and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Have a passion for music and the ability to share this with our students.
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school.
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
- Training to enable you to be the best you can be.
Please send all completed forms to email@example.com
Teaching Staff Application Form
Support Staff Application Form
Tring School operates a Safer Recruitment Policy
Please be advised that if you are called to interview you will need to produce the following as evidence of your identity:
- Photographic evidence i.e. passport or photocard driving licence
- Proof of address, i.e. utility bill or bank statement
- Teachers – proof of qualifications and QTS status (certificates)