We all develop best in an atmosphere of trust and confidence, in which everyone is valued, everyone’s needs are regarded as important, and where everyone’s personal achievements are respected.
It is, therefore, the aim of Tring School to support and encourage the continued growth of a community in which Christian values of respect, mutual care, consideration and acceptance flourish.
In our school we value:
- Ourselves and others
- The opportunity to learn
- The environment which we share
- The community in which we live
In our school we fully support and follow British Values:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Strategic Vision 2016-2021
“Live to Learn, Learn to Live”
True to our motto, Tring School aims to create:
A tolerant community in which all feel
- accepted and valued
An active community which provides equal opportunity for all
- to be involved
- to grow
- to develop their ability to the full
A vibrant community which stimulates and encourages
- a love of learning
- self discipline and mutual respect
- pride in achievement
A developing community which recognises that
- learning is lifelong
- we are part of a wider community
- each individual has a role to play
We seek to achieve these aims by
- offering broad and balanced educational, cultural and social experiences for the whole school community
- providing an orderly, secure and pleasant environment
- building successful partnerships through open and honest communication
- celebrating success and learning from failure
We invite all members of the wider community of Tring School — parents, governors and citizens of Tring — to share in these aims.
Tring School was founded in 1842 by the Church of England and it remains a voluntary controlled church foundation, administered and supported by Hertfordshire County Council, with five of its Governors being nominated by the Diocesan Education Committee.
TRING SCHOOL PRAYER
Living God, creator of us all,
we thank you for your love that strengthens each of us.
Help us to value ourselves and others,
to rejoice in the opportunity to learn,
to care for the environment we share,
and to build up the community in which we live.
We ask you for your blessing on the students, the staff
and all who support Tring School.
We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord.