- What time does the train to Hogwarts leave Kings Cross Station?
- Who was the second Weasley to go through the wall to Platform 9 ¾?
- What is Alberic’s surname?
- What is Neville’s toad called?
- Where do the brave at heart dwell?
- Whom is the 4th person to put the sorting hat on?
- Who says Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
- What is the password to enter the Gryffindor common room?
- What flavour was the green Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Bean that Ron tried?
- Which house was Justin Finch Fletchley sorted into?
- What is Hagrid’s first name?
- What else did Hagrid take out of his pocket apart from a copper kettle, a pack of sausages, a poker, chipped mugs and a bottle of amber liquid?
- Who called Albus Dumbledore a “crackpot old fool”?
- Who wrote A History of Magic?
- What size cauldron will Harry need in his first year at Hogwarts?
- What does Professor Quirrell teach?
- What costs seventeen sickles an ounce?
- How many knuts in a sickle?
- What smells like bad eggs and rotten cabbage?
- Whose wand is 16” & Oak?
- What colour eyes does Harry Potter have?
- What was the first rule for a quiet life with the Dursleys?
- How many presents did Dudley get for his 10th birthday?
- Who is missing from this clowder (clowder means group of cats)?
- Which country was the boa constrictor born in?
- How did Mrs. Figg break her leg?
- What is a boater?
- Where was Marge on holiday?
- Which county do the Dursleys live in?
- How many letters had arrived by the Friday?
The Tring School Achievers’ Wall was started five years ago by the then Head Boy, Max Baiden and Head Girl, Jenni Cannon. The awards recognise Year 13 students for their work within the school and the wider community and over the years it is gradually building up to create a wall as a lasting reminder of the students who did something amazing in their time in Tring Sixth Form. It is hoped that this will inspire current and future students at Tring School.
On Wednesday 26 April, the following students and their parents gathered by the wall for the presentation of this year’s awards. Headteacher Mrs Collings gave a brief overview of each student’s achievement before they were congratulated by Janice Donald, Chair of Governors and Sally Kay, Head of 6th Form. It was a really lovely opportunity to be able to celebrate the wonderful contribution these students have made to Tring School.
Photos of the event will be posted on the Gallery page of the website shortly.
Award Winners will be listed on the Special Awards page of the website shortly.
- What do Grunnings make?
- What colour cloak is Professor McGonagall wearing?
- Who liked Albus Dumbledore’s new earmuffs and made him blush? (Full name)
- Who is big and beefy with hardly any neck? (Full name)
- On the motorbike journey to Privet Drive, baby Harry fell asleep just as hagrid was flying/driving over which city?
- What is the name of the weather man? (Full name)
- Who is Lily Potter’s sister? (First name)
- Who may have set off shooting stars in Kent? (Full name)
- What is Dumbledore’s first spoken sentence?
- Who lent Hagrid a motorbike to bring baby Harry to Privet Drive? (Full name)
Head Teacher: Mrs S Collings
Tel: 01442 822303